Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 13th: Day 1 of Fishing Trip (Rogue River, Oregon)

Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been here in a while and sorry I haven't shared with you my reflections on our amazing road trip yet. I promise to do so, it has just been so busy since we have been back home, and I have so many thoughts swirling around in me about our trip, that I haven't taken the time to give it what it deserves. No excuses -- I will publish a "reflections" post before going back to work on the 25th...yes, it is true, I am going back to work on August 25th as the CIO for Equinix. I am looking forward to working for Equinix, and feel extremely rested after such a marvelous summer.

Fishing Trip to the Wild Rivers of the West Coast

I am currently on a fishing trip to Northern California and Southern Oregon, where I will fish for salmon and steelhead on the Rogue and Klamath Rivers. The first 2 days I will be fishing the mouth of the Rogue River in Gold Beach, Oregon for very large salmon (25-50 pounds), and the second 2 days I will be fishing for a bit smaller salmon and steelhead on the Klamath River. I will also be using my fly rod on the Klamath, something I am really looking forward to!

I have to run off to go fishing now, but thought I would throw a few pictures on the blog for you to check out.

Peace,

Brian



The beautiful Oregon Coast...



The historic Rogue River Bridge




Pelicans on the Rogue


Our bait

No comments: